Full Time (Vienna)
Diabetes is a pesky monster and that’s putting it mildly. However, if you’re serious about helping us face it head on, come join us. Most of our customers live with insulin-dependent diabetes. Everyday life with diabetes is often tedious and exhausting – and that’s exactly what we work on at mySugr. True to the motto "Make diabetes suck less", we develop award-winning apps, integrate medical devices into our products and work with health insurance companies and industry partners to make life with diabetes a bit better. For a behind-the-scenes look, check out our Monster Culture blog and see what makes mySugr tick.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced, motivated software engineer with a special focus on backend development. You should be proficient with the technologies we are using (Java, Spring, Hibernate, relational databases, REST), the process we like to apply (agile and cross-functional), and our daily business (be flexible and open-minded). If that sounds like a match to you, we would love to welcome you to the mySugr family!
- You enjoy developing clean, stable, and performant backend code, serving our beautiful applications
- You love to work in an interdisciplinary team, together with designers, QA, and product owners
- You are passionate about solid technical design, clean code, and future-proof architectures
- You are familiar with Java and frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, and Tomcat, and you are interested in JVM-based technologies on top like Kotlin
- Experience with SQL in relational databases
- You enjoy working in a Test-Driven-Development-like style, so writing tests is your passion
- You are able to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly
- Great written and verbal communication in English
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
- Experience in data warehouses such as Redshift
- Experience with medical, security, and privacy regulations
- Knowledge of the diabetes industry or other comparable health industries
- Experience working in startup environments
Here’s what to expect:
- Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
- An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
- A growing organization with room for development
- Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
- Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences...)
- Flexible working hours and home office days, 5 weeks vacation
- A kick-ass new office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!
Interested? Great. For this position we offer a competitive annual gross salary of minimum EUR 50k plus a variable bonus. We’d like to hear from you! Just click that “Apply Now” button and send us your CV in English or German… and anything else that you think might impress us.